With a provocative title like that I assume you might want to find out why I’m voting for President Donald J. Trump this November 3, 2020. Here are some overarching principles which guide my decision:
1. Actions. Actions speak louder than words. Regardless of what you might think of President Trump’s choice of words, his occasional profanity, his verbal attacks on his opponents, words are cheap. Actions speak louder than words. Here is a list of just some of the 123 major accomplishments President Trump has made in his first four years in office:
- Trump finalized the creation of Space Force as our 6th Military branch.
- Under Trump’s leadership, in 2018 the U.S. surpassed Russia and Saudi Arabia to become the world’s largest producer of crude oil.
- Trump signed the “Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act” (FOSTA), which includes the “Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act” (SESTA) which both give law enforcement and victims new tools to fight sex trafficking.
- The 25% lowest-paid Americans enjoyed a 4.5% income boost in November 2019, which outpaces a 2.9% gain in earnings for the country’s highest-paid workers.
- Trump signed an executive order this year that forces all health care providers to disclose the cost of their services so that Americans can comparison shop and know how much providers charge insurance companies.
- In 2018, President Trump signed the groundbreaking First Step Act, a criminal justice bill that enacted reforms that make our justice system fairer and help former inmates successfully return to society. The First Step Act’s reforms addressed inequities in sentencing laws that disproportionately harmed Black Americans and reformed mandatory minimums that created unfair outcomes.
- The poverty rate fell to a 17-year low of 11.8% under the Trump administration as a result of a jobs-rich environment.
- In 2018, the Department of Justice (DOJ) dismantled an organization that was the internet’s leading source of prostitution-related advertisements resulting in sex trafficking.
- The tax cuts sinned into law by President Trump promote school choice by allowing families to use 529 college savings plans for elementary and secondary education.
- Under his leadership, ISIS has lost most of its territory and been largely dismantled.ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was killed.
- Trump issued an Executive Order prohibiting the U.S. government from discriminating against Christians or punishing expressions of faith.
- Signed an executive order that allows the government to withhold money from college campuses deemed to be anti-Semitic and who fail to combat anti-Semitism.
- President Trump ordered a halt to U.S. tax money going to international organizations that fund or perform abortions.
- Withdrew the U.S. from the job-killing TPP deal.
- Secured $250 billion in new trade and investment deals in China and $12 billion in Vietnam.
- Has had over a dozen U.S. hostages freed, including those Obama could not get freed.
- Trump secured Billions that will fund the building of a wall at our southern border.
- Trump directed the Education Secretary to end Common Core.
- Companies have brought back over a TRILLION dollars from overseas because of the TCJA bill that Trump signed.
- Median household income has hit the highest level ever recorded.
- African-American, Hispanic-American, Asian-American unemployment are at all-time lows.
- Record number of regulations eliminated that hurt small businesses.
- Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord in 2017 and that same year the U.S. still led the world by having the largest reduction in carbon emissions.
- Had his Supreme Court Justice’s Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh confirmed.
- Moved U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.
- Agreed to a new trade deal with Mexico & Canada that will increase jobs here and $$$ coming in.
2. Pro-life. President Trump has repeatedly condemned the late-term abortions as has his Vice-President, Mike Pence. Both men believe that life begins in the womb and has the right to life pre- and post-birth.
3. Anti-Socialism. President Trump has condemned the socialism ideology that is sweeping college campuses and the far-left politicians. America has been and, under his watch, will continue to be a democracy marked by free-enterprise capitalism.
4. Patriotism. What about his moral values, Irv? Isn’t Donald Trump a sinner? Yes, so are all of us. Doesn’t he have a sinful past? Yes, so do all of us. Is he a patriot who sacrificed his civilian lifestyle to lead the country? Yes and with it to gain the most thankless job in the world.
That’s why I’m voting for President Donald John Trump. I hope this influences you to vote for him too.