World Peace, the Satanic Trinity, and the Satanic Alliance of Nations
Will the world ever know peace?
The world will never know true peace until the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ, returns to rule during the millennium. However, the world will be deceived by a pseudo-peace ushered in by the Anti-Christ. He will satisfy the universal cry for world peace by doing several things:
- He will settle the Arab-Israeli conflict and will cut a covenant of peace on behalf of the nations with Israel which will ratify Israel’s borders, permit the repopulation and universal emigration of Jews to the land, reestablish the religion of the Jews, rebuild the Temple, and give the Jewish people a false sense of security.
- He will solve the worldwide economic woes by issuing invisible laser tattoos that will be universally used for any business on a national, corporate or personal scale. All the currencies, checks and credit cards of the world will become obsolete and will be destroyed. He will remove trade barriers from among the nations.
- He will solve the political problems of Europe (such as Brexit) by heading a 10-nation confederacy of European nations – the European Union or European Economic Community (EEC). This is the revived Roman Empire spoken of by Daniel the prophet (Daniel 2:40-45, 7:7, 8:17-28) and described by the Apostle John (Rev 13:1-18, 17:8-18, 18:9-19). The Anti-Christ will rule this confederacy from Rome and will make Rome the center of commerce for his kingdom. In addition to resolution of economic problems, Anti-Christ will also alter the calendar and international laws to facilitate dialogue and trade.
- He will establish a world court that will resolve differences between nations and he will deceive the nations by his feigned desire for peace and justice.
- He will establish a worldwide religion, which will center on the rebuilt Temple and will focus on him as the object of worship. This religion will soon become Satanism as the world is duped into worshiping the god behind the Anti-Christ.
Who is the Satanic Trinity?
We have spoken of the Anti-Christ, most often called The Beast or the Man of Lawlessness. We talked about his characteristics and his origin but we haven’t said much about the other two members of the Satanic Trinity: The False Prophet and Satan. Let’s start with the False Prophet. Who is the False Prophet and what is his purpose?
- The False Prophet
We read of The Beast and his False Prophet in Revelation 13. The Beast or the Anti-Christ is one of the 7 kings mentioned who is slain and resurrected back to life. He will deceive the nations into worshiping him as Jesus Christ resurrected. His power base is a 10 nation confederacy. He produces globalism at its finest: global peace, global trade, global unity, global identification, global calendar, global language, global currency. It is the reversal of the Tower of Babel. Remember Genesis 11 in which the nations sought to build a tower on the plains of Shinar and make a name for themselves lest they be scattered? The Lord says of their efforts at unity “Behold they are one people and they all have the same language. And this is what they began to do and now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them” (11:6).
The False Prophet is called the second Beast. He is the public relations man for The Beast and is the equivalent of the Holy Spirit in the Satanic Trinity. Like the Holy Spirit, the False Prophet prompts all to worship The Beast. He can do miracles and signs from heaven even making fire rain down onto the earth. He persuades the nations to make an image of The Beast. With Satanic power, the False Prophet is able to cause the image of The Beast to come alive and speak. Much like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego of Daniel’s day who refused to worship the golden image of Nebuchadnezzar (Daniel 3), those who refuse to worship the image of The Beast are killed. It is the False Prophet who develops the logistics for giving every human being on the earth the mark of The Beast, which we’ll talk about in depth in a later podcast.
Just as God, the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit make up the Holy Trinity. So the power behind The Beast and the False Prophet is none other than Satan himself. In the book of Revelation, Satan is called the Dragon (Revelation 12:9). His goal is to deceive the whole world into believing that he is God, the Father and The Beast is Jesus Christ and the False Prophet is the Holy Spirit. This is the Satanic Trinity. Satan gives his power to The Beast to rule the 10 nation confederacy. He empowers the 7 kings from which The Beast is resurrected. As he has throughout history (i.e. Haman of the book of Esther, Hitler), Satan seeks to destroy Israel, the “apple of God’s eye.” But God rescues Israel. We’ll learn how God does that in a future podcast.
What nations will be aligned together in the Great Tribulation?
- Ezekiel 38 & 39 describes the two end times battles, one during the Great Tribulation and the other after the Millennium. Both are against Israel and are led by an end times ruler named Gog from the land of Magog. Magog is the ancient name for the land of the Scythians (says Jewish historian Josephus); the land now identified as Russia. Gog is an end times prince of Meshech and Tubal – ancient tribal names for cities in modern Russia. Aligning with Gog are armies from the countries of Persia (modern Iran), Ethiopia (modern Sudan), Put (modern Libya), Gomer (modern Germany) and Beth-togarmah (modern Armenia). These ancient tribal names can be traced back to the Table of Nations listed in Genesis 10. All are grandsons of Noah. The Bible calls them by these ancient names to distinguish the location and roots of these people because modern names for countries frequently change.
- Daniel 7 and Revelation 13 and 17 describe the power base of the Anti-Christ. Daniels’s fourth beast is the Roman Empire. The 7 heads describe 7 kings who ruled the Roman Empire. Anti-Christ is an 8th king (but actually a revived one of the 7). The ten horns are 10 kings in the end times who rule 10 nations. These 10 throw their support behind the Anti-Christ during the Great Tribulation period. Many theologians believe that these 10 nations are the 10 nations of the E.E.C. (Common Market of Europe).
- Finally there is mention of “the kings of the East” (Rev. 16:12) who cross the dry Euphrates River in route to the Battle of Armageddon. Who are these “kings if the East”? No one knows although the Bible indicates that the armies of these kings will number 200 million warriors. (Rev. 9:13-21) Most scholars believe these are the invading Chinese army coming to the party! China has a population in excess of 1 billion people and could easily field an army of 200 million strong.
The Abomination of Desolation
We have mentioned the Abomination of Desolation in previous podcasts. This occurs at the mid-point in the Great Tribulation and is instituted by the Anti-Christ. The name is derived from the original abomination of desolation in the Jewish temple in 167 B.C. During the reign of Antiochus Epiphanes (Greek for “God manifest”) a Seleucid king, sought to convert the Jews of Israel to Hellenism. He introduced the worship of Zeus and other Gentile gods to the people and forbade them to worship Jehovah as God. To insure that they would no longer sacrifice offerings to their God, Antiochus set up an altar to Zeus over the altar of burnt offerings in the Jewish temple in Jerusalem. He sacrificed a pig on the altar in the Temple in Jerusalem. Pigs are unclean animals and Jews were not only forbidden to eat of its flesh but were forbidden to even touch it! This event is known as the abomination of desolation.In his attempt to convert them, Antiochus also forbid circumcision, the sign of the covenant of the Jewish people with God. His misguided efforts led to the Macabbean Rebellion in 167 B.C. This is an abomination because it is idolatry, and it brings desolation because it defiles the holy place at the heart of Israel. This act was the abomination “of” desolation, the abomination “causing” desolation.